Life According to Ping ...

April 29, 2003

“Many years ago felt that I’d seen too much and that I didn’t want to see any more tragedies in this world. But unfortunately, the world continues, history continues to produce tragedies. And it is very important that they be documented in a humane way, in a compelling way. And because I’ve established credibility in the press…I feel the responsibility to continue. But believe me when I say that I would much rather these things never happen and I can either photograph something entirely different or not be a photographer at all. That’s not the way the world is. As far as I can see right now I am still healthy I understand the value in it and I think I still have a place. Having a place is a privilege and a responsibility that I cannot turn my back on. I have to continue.” -- James Nachtwey







My War Photographer



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home