Life According to Ping ...

April 10, 2004

Is it just me?

I seem to have this ability to complicate everything that comes along. Almost everything. Yes, my darlings would think that I'm exaggerating again. Everything. So be it. This is what I feel.

A simple internship programme. It kinda got a little too complicated for simple me to figure out again.

Background Information
A SMU 3rd year most likely to be finance major student who do not adore finance as yet.
An internship programme in Hong Kong. --> Jobscope - Product development, basically launching new products in the market, perhaps even sales.

Now whats the link ya? Clearly the jobscope aint perfect for this to be finance major, yet, yet a part of me wants to know what it is like. (Remember my lack of adoration for finance, the numbers and money do not intrigue me) Working alone overseas, getting out of comfort zone, and hopefully yes learn. To me, I view this as an opportunity. One that may be tough and lonely but hopefully strengthen me. So let it be if I have to starve and have a bun a day. So be it.

The opposition party
People who exert rather powerful influence in my life, that is my parents are yes, not for it. Least I had one for me initially then she changed her mind and decided that a girl paying good money to go HK to suffer aint worth it. After all, with the high cost of living there, rent and the unsafe environment, they ask "what for". Why can't their daughter be typical? Serve her internship obligations in a nice safe finance department in Singapore, come home early and for crying out loud clean her room. They have this ability to decide that definitely I'm there to support the HK tourism industry and boost their economy with "buy things eat things buy things eat things" They decided that I'm there to party. They also decided that their daughter is insensible, financially insensible and clueless about the baddies lurking out there.

With all due respect to my parents, I understand their concern. Yet.. I do not know what I should do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home