Life According to Ping ...

April 25, 2006

im still wondering ...

I wondered if im in the wrong field today. No one believes that I will survive in A bank. The suits, the hours, the rigidity and the paperwork. Im in one and Im wondering why.

I hate formal wear. I hate all the prim and proper blacks and whites. I like tees, demin and everything else that aint bankish. Im never on time and I hate to be organized.

Till date Im a mess. At home, at work. Whatever. But I work in a bank !

I dont get intrigued or remotely excited to know that the Nikkei had moved 15% today. Neither am I devastated to realised that the India market might be taking a plunge within this couple of months. Ok, I made the above up just in case you guys are about to release whatever you are holding. I do not know how the market movements and I can safely say they dont affect me at all?

So why do I see true bankers flying around when oil hit an all time high of $80. Yes probably everything else will go up and my bus fare might double but so what? I still have to eat, and work so I still need sbs no matter how much they charge. Of course everything will wait till elections I guess. But my point is so what? My world aint going to come crushing down.

Am I suppose to react that way to be a true banker?

I dont know man. I have a feeling that Im going to be more upset if my chai chee pork porridge will to move out of business. I am more affected when I realised that Zara is getting quite ridiculous with their pricing. (Inflation in finance terms I guess but mango is still the same)

Am I in the wrong job?

3 Comments:

At 3:27 AM , Blogger hui said...

Remember I peeled off the $149 tagged coat which revealed a 45euro price?

Not inflation. Increase profit margin.

And anyway, I would also be more upset if CCPP goes bust. Do you see the Citibank topsales aka Weiming acting the way you described? I bet it's all about honging girls, flashing his dimples and sianing his way through.

And your dad, who is not a true banker, is more affected by the financial market than you are.

AGE

Enthusiasm too of course. And passion. BLAH. But age. and involvement. Put in your own money and see how affected you are by the Nikkei.

Don't worry girl. Are YOU Ambitious, Money-Hungry and Crave Success?

You are. So you are a truee bankerrr.

SAY: I AM A TRUE BANKER.

 
At 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

baby, I'm here. are u really lonely? I hope I'm not the cause of the recent stress. No matter what happens, I'm there. Alright? I'm as blur & lost also but we shall just give our best shots.

 
At 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be totally wrong...

Only you know the answer yourself, inside your own heart.

Be Brave!

Be Happy...

Nothing else really matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home